We are looking for a Business Developer
(32-40 h per week) to strengthen our business team.
About EV Biotech:
EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches we have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Our microbial cells factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Our Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
We are looking for a Business Developer (32-40 h per week) to strengthen our business team.
Scope of the position:
In this new position, you will be responsible for the sales of EV’s Proof-of-Concept (PoC) MCFs and acquisition of new customers, maintain business relationships with (prospective) customers, as well as market development and lead creation. You will be embedded in the business team and report directly to the CEO.
- Define the specific value proposition and business model for the PoC MCFs;
- Sell the PoC MCFs;
- Build a customer database for in-house developed MCFs and CRO activities;
- Build and maintain warm business relationships with strategic partners and customers;
- Pitch EV products and services to prospective customers;
- Communicate new developments to prospective customers;
- Analyse the issues facing potential customers;
- Assess and develop new markets;
- In close cooperation with the R&D team, drive EV’s portfolio to match with the demand of EV’s focus markets.
- MSc in Biotechnology, Biosciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Pharmacy
MBA / MSc in Business, Science and Business Management or related field and BSc in Biotechnology or related field;
- More than 3 years of professional experience in Business Development or Sales in the context of fine chemicals / pharmaceuticals / bio-based products;
- Outstanding interpersonal and management skills to communicate effectively within the team, with (prospective) customers, and other stakeholders;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and ideally a second international language;
- Willingness and prepared to regularly travel domestically and internationally;
- An existing network in the Biotech / Pharma field.
- An exciting, professional work environment;
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society;
- Good primary and secondary benefits.
Then let us know why you are the best candidate. Please send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org