We are looking for a Resource Manager
to strengthen our Dry Lab team.
About EV Biotech:
EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches we have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Our microbial cells factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Our Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
Are you an engaging and empowering Resource Management professional who loves to build their team, facilitate its members to deliver projects on time and of good quality, and encourage their personal development? Please continue reading below.
Scope of the position:
The Dry Lab is at the core of EV, with the potential promise of creating an optimal design strategy for microbial production strains and the ability to digitally prove that such strategy is indeed optimal. However, the design process is complex and relies heavily on Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics and Computational Chemistry. As Dry lab Resource Manager, you are continuously in contact with stakeholders in the internal organisation to help deliver projects. You have a strong focus on communicating with and developing the Dry lab team. In addition, you enable and challenge your team to improve processes and develop new best practices and standard operating procedures.
The following responsibilities and tasks comprise this position:
- Day-to-day management, planning and support of the Dry lab Scientists and Analysts
- Facilitating progression of the projects within set timelines and troubleshooting of technical issues
- Ensuring sound budget management
- Being knowledgeable of all the different subgroup expertise and working in the Dry lab while having a high-level understanding of the why and how of all different projects of all different subgroups
- Supporting the COO in building effective teams and the team development and growth of its members
- Translating the input from the Project Managers to tasks on the work floor
- Drafting and reviewing standard operating procedures, instructions and report templates and ensuring their strict use
- Continuously improving processes and employees
- Responsibility for resolving and discussing data quality related issues with the Quality team
- Supporting the Dry lab team members in the execution of projects
Being a skilled Resource Management professional you will recognise yourself in the following profile:
- Previous experience in a similar role where you had both project and team management involvement
- Sound experience in Performance Management (Planning, Feedback, and Evaluation)
- You are an effective interpersonal manager and leader
- With great problem-solving capabilities
- Who facilitates teamwork and cooperation through a good balance between empathy and guidance
- Whose great communication skills enable team members to display initiative and a proactive attitude
- An exciting, professional work environment
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society
- The opportunity to grow along with an exponentially growing organisation
- Professional development opportunities
- Good primary and secondary benefits
Then let us know why you are the best candidate. Please send your motivation and CV to email@example.com
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.