Vacancy: Data steward / Data Management Specialist
About EV Biotech:
EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches we have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Our microbial cells factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Our Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
We are looking for a Data steward / Data Management Specialist to strengthen our EV team (32-40 h per week).
Scope of the position:
In this position, you will be responsible for designing and implementing a state-of-the-art data management system, including policy implementation, service delivery, training, and enabling infrastructure. Together with an external partner you will design and build EV’s graphical database used to store, organise, and connect all data generated by EV. You will advise and train EV employees on compliance with the FAIR data principles in all stages of the research cycle: collection, storage, archiving, and reuse of data. Furthermore, you will collaborate with tech team members to develop ML/AI models for online quality monitoring, data querying, process automation, etc.
- Collaborate with an external partner on designing, building, and maintaining a graphical database to support data modelling and acquisition;
- Monitor implementation of data management policies within EV in line with FAIR data principles;
- Develop guidelines to support design of data management plans;
- Provide training in data management-related topics for EV employees;
- Ensure access to relevant supporting technical infrastructure;
- Advice on queries related to data security and GDPR compliance;
- Collaborate with tech team members to develop ML/AI models for online quality monitoring, data querying, process automation, etc.
- BSc or MSc degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Database Management Systems, or related field;
- Experience in handling and processing of scientific data and/or databases;
- Experience in working with different data types in biotech research, e.g. biological, chemical, imaging, omics data;
- Knowledge of software supporting data processing and data management;
- Knowledge of FAIR data principles;
- Experience with implementation of data management strategies and policies;
- Strong communication skills including excellent command of the English language;
- Personal competencies: planning and organizing, communication skills, persuasion, strategy development, curious, analytical, and team player.
- An exciting, professional work environment;
- Growth opportunities and support in personal development;
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society;
- Good primary and secondary benefits.
Terms and conditions
A successful candidate will initially be appointed for 6 months with the possibility of renewal and the intention to turn the position into a permanent one, based on the performance and financial resources. Salary range from € 2,790.- to € 4,402.- gross per month (based on the candidate’s experience).
Then let us know why you are the best candidate. Please send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org