We are looking for a Bioprocess modeller
(40 h per week) to strengthen our Dry Lab team.
About EV Biotech:
EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches we have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Our microbial cells factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Our Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
We are looking for a Bioprocess modeller to strengthen our Dry Lab team (40 h per week).
Scope of the position:
As Bioprocess Modeller you perform techno-economic analyses by running bioprocess simulations and improving them using real bioprocess data created in the wet lab. You will use Python for these simulations and will also be responsible for the data quality and improvement. Reporting to the Dry lab Resource manager, you will perform the simulations while sharing responsibility for the bioprocess development pipeline.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating and running bioprocess simulations
- Optimising existing bioprocess simulations
- Running techno-economic analysis for fermentation processes
- Improving data quality for bioprocess simulations and techno-economic analysis
- Improving and optimising the code for the bioprocess and techno-economic analysis
- Forward thinking about the product development pipeline
- Documenting the results for an interdisciplinary team
- Being part of the core team on client projects
Being a strong Bioprocess Modeller, you will recognise yourself in the following profile:
- BSc or MSc degree in Chemical or Bioprocess engineering, Industrial biotechnology or related field
- Experience with bioprocess modelling
- Python on the pre-intermediate/intermediate level
- Knowledge related to industrial biotechnology processes and particular equipment units
- Experience with techno-economic assessment is a plus
- Experience with git-hub tools is a plus
- Experience with commercial tools such as SuperPro or Aspen is a plus
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
In terms of skills you are:
- A strong problem solver
- With an innovative mindset
- Stimulated by successes/accomplishments
- A good team player
- Who takes initiative and is a great communicator
- An exciting, professional work environment;
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society;
- Good primary and secondary benefits.
Terms and conditions
A successful candidate will initially be appointed for 11 months with the possibility of renewal and the intention to turn the position into a permanent one, based on the performance and financial resources. Due to visa constraints, if you are not a citizen of EEA or Switzerland, we can hire you only if you are eligible for the orientation year visa (see IND website).
Then let us know why you are the best candidate. Please send your motivation and CV to email@example.com
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.