Analyst Molecular Biology
About EV Biotech:
EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches we have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Our microbial cells factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Our Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
Scope of the position:
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated molecular biologist/biotechnologist expert to strengthen our Wet-lab team (36-40 h per week). The successful candidate will join the EV Biotech team to drive help in strain development, characterization, and optimization.
- Perform laboratory experiments to generate reproducible/reliable data
- Research and implement new methods and technologies
- Actively participate in maintaining and updating SOP’s
- Maintain quality records for equipment maintenance
- BSc/MSc degree in Biotechnology/Molecular Biology
- Previous experience with yeast
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, preferably RNA extraction and RT-qPCR
- Strong communication skills including excellent command of the English language;
- Personal competencies: planning and organizing, communication skills, persuasion, strategy development, curious, analytical, and team player.
- An exciting, professional work environment;
- Growth opportunities and support in personal development;
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society;
- Good primary and secondary benefits.
Then let us know why you are the best candidate. Please send your motivation and CV to: email@example.com