We are looking for an Analyst Analytical Chemistry / Biochemistry (40 h per week) to strengthen our Wet Lab team.
About EV Biotech:
EV Biotech is a biotechnology company that creates microbial production platforms for high-value chemicals and proteins using computational modelling and microorganisms. By combining classical fermentation methods with the latest developments in modelling approaches we have revolutionised the methods of microbial strain engineering. Our microbial cells factories (MCFs) provide effective, bio-based alternatives to conventional chemical-synthetic production processes. Our Groningen-based team has been operational since July 2018 and is dedicated to EV’s mission to evolve the chemical feedstock market by shifting it from petrochemical-based to bio-based chemical production, thereby creating a greener economy for all.
Are you an experienced analytical chemist / biochemist with a keen interest in sustainable productions methods? Please continue reading below.
Scope of the position:
As Analyst Analytical Chemistry / Biochemistry you will be involved in the execution of the wet-lab development of microbial production strains. You will be responsible for method development and execution of chemical analysis of small molecules and proteins according to the SOP. Using your excellent laboratory and communication skills, you will be reporting to the Wet Lab Resource Manager, with whom you will run your projects in a timely fashion.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing HPLC and GC methods for analysis of small molecules
- Protein production and purification by FPLC
- Analysis of small molecules by HPLC and GC
- Data management and reporting:
- Document results in Elab journal
- Write standardised reports
- Lab organisation and administration:
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- SOP development and updates
Being a skilled Analytical Chemistry/Biochemistry professional you will recognise yourself in the following profile:
- HLO (BSc) in Chemistry or related field
- Experience in HPLC and GC method development for analysis of small molecules and/or proteins
- Affinity with biochemistry and sustainable production methods
- Affinity with downstream processing of fermentation processes
- Experience in culturing of microorganisms is greatly welcomed
- Experience in protein production and purification methods
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language
- Hands-on, proactive mentality and excellent team player
- Strong project and time management skills
- An inherent drive to keep learning
- An exciting, professional work environment;
- A diverse and international team of colleagues, dedicated to EV’s mission to contribute to a greener and more sustainable society;
- Good primary and secondary benefits.
Terms and conditions
A successful candidate will initially be appointed for 11 months with the possibility of renewal and the intention to turn the position into a permanent one, based on the performance and financial resources. Due to visa constraints, if you are not a citizen of EEA or Switzerland, we can hire you only if you are eligible for the orientation year visa (see IND website).
Then let us know why you are the best candidate. Please send your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.